Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Philanthropy for All: Take The 1% Giving Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-kaufman/philanthropy-for-all-take_b_678960.html
I have to admit. At first I thought this was a little ridiculous ... I mean 1%? We can do better than that can't we? Isn't that a bit of a joke?
Nope. It is not. The point is to get everyone giving... And that is good.
I like to think that everything is God's. What we have is not ours, it is God's. We are stewards, caretakers, babysitters of God's creation and everything in it. When I think of it that way, it is much easier to share...both my money and my time.
If you can give more, then do. But don't not give just because you can't give 10%. If you aren't currently giving, try starting at 1% and see if you can work your way up a bit each year.
~allan

No comments:

Post a Comment