Thursday, April 7, 2011

T-shirt order form

Want one?  Choose your size and colour below by Monday April 11th.  Shirts will be available by April 18th (2 weeks before the election).

Here is a quick summary of the feedback on t-shirt concepts (see yesterdays post):
-59 people responded
-53 of you liked the concepts
-71% liked the 2nd option best
-75% said you would wear a shirt
-84% said you would pay for it
See my favorite comments/suggestions below... (thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts!)





Allan's Favorite Comments/Suggestions

Call me dumb but I didn't immediately get the 'people are dying to' message.  i could read it, but i didn't get right away that you were speaking of the millions of voteless, voiceless ppl around the world who are literally dying for their chance to vote... a powerful message but not very clear...

I am glad you are encouraging this.  I think the primary danger of all the political nonsense that goes on leading up to elections is that it discourages people, particularly the young, from participating in the process.

PPLRDYING2? What does this have to do with the upcoming elections? I would support something like PPL POWER or YYA POWER but not PPLRDYING2.

MCC has a long tradition as a non-governmental organization and Anabaptists have long advocated the separation of church and state and I don't think it is a wise use of MCC resources and staff energy to promote this governmental exercise.  I also think it is an important clarification that people around the world are not dying to vote, but they are dying for freedom.  Sometimes voting is the path by which freedom is achieved, but often various part of the democratic process (candidate selection, voter eligibility, vote counting, announcing of results, other nations respecting your results, etc) are so corrupted that it's difficult to call that freedom.  All of our options represent parties that will maintain our freedom, and unfortunately all of our viable options are immature partisan hacks.  Also, coercing people to vote is the opposite of freedom.

While I think the message is very important and certainly intend to vote and encourage all my friends to do the same, I am not sure if another tshirt in my closet is the way to get it out... I allready have a lot of T-shirts to be honest.

Would the t-shirts be fairly traded/organic material? If so, I would imagine it would be difficult to sell for 5 or 8 dollars...

Sorry, I don't get the relevance of the phrase: ""PPLRDYING2" Not in an Canadian leadership campaign, anyway.

Great concept, Allan!  It's alarming sometimes to think that people die trying to change or escape their political situations in other countries, only to get to Canada and see how little we care about our own government. As young adults we're told constantly that we're the future of the country... it's time we stepped up and acted like it.

So if I vote will people stop dying?

No comments:

Post a Comment